Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My new mantra....I will.

Yesterday I ran!  Well, jogged and walked... No one was chasing me, except two cute little boys, not random boys, they belong to me.  There wasn't an emergency or anything!  And, today I am sore. I mean, even my feet are sore.  I didn't know that was possible!  I was an athlete back in the day. I remember being sore after a tough workout or long day of tennis, but nothing like approaching 40, overweight, haven't exercised consistently in a very long time kinda sore! 
In reinventing the Blackwells, we realize that it must include all areas of our life, thus the exercise.
Spiritual exercise can be the same. Opening your bible and reading daily, praying with purpose, and seeking God's face can make you spiritually sore, whether you are out of practice or not.  But, oh the rewards will be evident and abundant!  My new mantra is, " I will". I will read, I will study and I will pray over God's word.  I will run, er....jog/walk...  I will NOT make excuses. 
I am physically and spiritually sore!  I am pushing through to be transformed!  Will you join me?
Today...I will, again. 

Romans 12:1-2
1 Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship.
2 Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good pleasing and perfect will.

No comments:

Post a Comment